Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Tool # 10

  • I believe that it is the teacher's responsibility to teach students about having good digital citizenship.  Teachers must state expectations when issuing electronic tools for students to complete assignments.  Teachers should review rules and consequences if students are behaving unethically or treating tools in an unsafe manner.  
  • I would define what having good digital citizenship is with my students and conduct discussions where they are giving me input and reasons to act responsible. 
  • This topic can also be used during a lesson on citizenship.  I can use this to expand the concepts of being a good citizen in a new world of technology.   
ISafe seems like an tool to use to teach students about being a good digital citizens.  ISafe provides interactive lessons and helpful information that can help students gain knowledge about Internet safety.   


I recently conducted a survey in my classroom where less than half of my students have home Internet access although most of them have computers.  But there are many ways I can inform parents of the importance of making sure their children maintain a safe and productive digital experience.  I have one way in mind that I would like to share.  I can have my students write a summary in class of what they have learned about having good digital citizenship and reading it to their parents for homework.  We can discuss what their parents responses were the following day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment